Owner & Appraiser
Born and raised in Rossland, B.C., Gord is proud to offer professional real estate appraisal and consulting services for the Kootenay Boundary region.
After completing his Bachelor of Commerce degree at the University of Calgary in 2004, Gord started his appraisal career with Rivard Appraisals in Vernon, BC. At Rivard, Gord gained experience in the appraisal of residential properties ranging from vacant lands to executive waterfront properties. In 2008, he achieved the professional designation of AACI, P.App, (Accredited Appraiser of the Canadian Institute, Professional Appraiser) granted by the Appraisal Institute of Canada.
Shortly after achieving his professional appraiser designation Gord relocated to Vancouver to work for Altus Group, Canada’s leading provider of valuation services. During his time at Altus Group, Gord performed valuation assignments on retail, office, industrial, and multi-family type properties. Clients included major firms such as Grosvenor Group, Aquilini Investment Group, Bentall Kennedy, and Ernst & Young.
In 2015 Gord joined B.C Hydro as a Property Representative. At BC Hydro, Gord successfully acquired property rights, such as rights of way, land purchases, and Crown land tenures for BC Hydro’s transmission projects.
- Accredited Appraiser Canadian Institute (AACI, P. App)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Real Property Valuation (PGCV), University of British Columbia
- Bachelor of Commerce, University of Calgary
Memberships & Professional Development
- Member of the Appraisal Institute of Canada (AIC)
- Member of the BC Expropriation Association
- Member of the Kootenay Chapter of the Appraisal Institute of Canada
- Course developer and tutor for UBC Sauder School of Business (BUSI 352: Residential Case Studies)
- Completed “The Valuation of Partial Acquisitions” through the IRWA (International Right of Way Association) in 2015.
All appraisers at Summit Appraisal & Consulting Ltd are accredited members in good standing with the AIC (Appraisal Institute of Canada) – the largest governing and insuring body in Canada for appraisers. Each report is authored by a designated member and conforms to CUSPAP (Canadian Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice).